AVS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 1159 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Watching Netflix Iron Fist with the new Dolby Vision update and I noticed the default color temp for DV is neutral.....Just surprised they did not use one of the cinema pre sets...

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Hows the overall brightness, noise, etc?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Seems brighter than the HDR just have to check other shows as those Marvel shows have tons of artificial film grain.Seems like there is more noise probably due to color temp they chose.

·
Premium Member
12,515 Posts
I wonder if the apps will use a set pic mode, and discs or hdmi in will use something like Cinema Pro.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Checking out Godless DV and blacks are deep and inky (no elevated blacks) borderline crush...

Now somone with an oppo has to see if the blacks elevate via discs like on the LG's...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just reset the DV mode and it went from Color temp neutral and motionflow True Cinema/high to color temp Expert 1 and motion flow standard/high...wierd

·
Premium Member
12,515 Posts
This is from the ATV4K thread:

"I did reach out to John Archer from Forbes and he's looking into it. He wonders if they limited support via HDMI until that DV fix could be released. He said he'd reply if/when he hears anything."

Could be they released SW for the internal apps, but are waiting on HDMI sources until DV lets the black level update loose.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This is from the ATV4K thread:

"I did reach out to John Archer from Forbes and he's looking into it. He wonders if they limited support via HDMI until that DV fix could be released. He said he'd reply if/when he hears anything."

Could be they released SW for the internal apps, but are waiting on HDMI sources until DV lets the black level update loose.
Well, that would be a no go as far as I am concerned. The release notes do not say anything about internal apps only. Unless Sony decides to put in writing their plans I may be looking at returning my 65" and wait it out. Too much $ to spend on a manufacturer that half delivers a promise. Seen it before and not willing to gamble on a potential unfulfilled promise. It's Jan 2018 for gosh sakes.

·
Premium Member
12,515 Posts
Well, that would be a no go as far as I am concerned. The release notes do not say anything about internal apps only. Unless Sony decides to put in writing their plans I may be looking at returning my 65" and wait it out. Too much $ to spend on a manufacturer that half delivers a promise. Seen it before and not willing to gamble on a potential unfulfilled promise. It's Jan 2018 for gosh sakes.
Someone in the 940E thread cannot get DV to trigger from an Oppo 203, using two different discs.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,636 Posts
Someone in the 940E thread cannot get DV to trigger from an Oppo 203, using two different discs.
Does this mean the update support DV Apps only and not DV over HDMI?

- Rich

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Does this mean the update support DV Apps only and not DV over HDMI?

- Rich
That appears to be what everyone that has tried is seeing.

I guess it does answer the question "Will we get DV netflix support?" though.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I thought someone said DV is working now on the netflix internal app.
Right. Which means the question has been answered with a "yes".

Not sure which apps now have DV support.

Does amazon?
Does USB file playback?

I will have to check when I get home and can install the update.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Right. Which means the question has been answered with a "yes".

Not sure which apps now have DV support.

Does amazon?
Does USB file playback?

I will have to check when I get home and can install the update.

Amazon triggered DV for me on the internal
App on my 940e. I saw in another thread someone tried usb and it did not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Which amazon movie/tv show did you see it on, want to check on my end. Do I need to update the amazon app first?

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Which amazon movie/tv show did you see it on, want to check on my end. Do I need to update the amazon app first?
Bosch Season 2 is in Dv that’s what I used didn’t have to update the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scherer326

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
cool, thanks, will check tonight after I update tv. How can I tell that DV is displaying correctly. Does DV banner pop-up automatically or do I need to go to a setting somewhere to see it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
621 - 640 of 1159 Posts