AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Sony KDS-50A2000 for around 3 months, and this weekend I tried to turn the TV on but got no picture. The power LED flashed green for a while, then started flashing red. The bulb doesn't turn on, but you can hear the fans and power come on. The TV does this whenever I try to turn it on.

Has anyone seen this issue before and know what's up?

·
Registered
198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas /forum/post/0

I've had a Sony KDS-50A2000 for around 3 months, and this weekend I tried to turn the TV on but got no picture. The power LED flashed green for a while, then started flashing red. The bulb doesn't turn on, but you can hear the fans and power come on. The TV does this whenever I try to turn it on.

Has anyone seen this issue before and know what's up?

I had this happen on mine. If you look in the manual it tells you how to do a full reset. You hold down a button on the remote while pressing one on the tv. It worked for mine and have not had an issue since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphan /forum/post/0

I had this happen on mine. If you look in the manual it tells you how to do a full reset. You hold down a button on the remote while pressing one on the tv. It worked for mine and have not had an issue since.

I gave that a shot but it didn't seem to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/0

You need to count the number of times that the light flashes. The number of flashes repeats every few seconds. The sequence is anywhere from 2 flashes to 9 flashes.

It flashes 5 times.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
According to the service manual, 5 blinks of the power indicator means its a problem with the lamp driver being faulty, in which the case the lamp is turned off.

You need to make the call to get your warranty provider to service your TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.