AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 57xbr10w. There seems to be a convergance problem... there's a slight red band around darker objects on the rightish side of the screen, and the flash focus doesnt help. And, it's on both component inputs and the svideo ins.

So, I decided to call Sony at your Service and register. What a nightmare!!!!!

After navigating their auto attendant, I was put in to a 36 minute queue. Hung up, tried their Service Center in Burbank. Got a recorded announcment, no way to get a live person. And the recorded instructions for repair of TV's over 20 inches said to have the set brought in by an outside trucking company. Bah.

So I called the Sony at your Service number again, and after 6 or 8 selections, got in a 23 minute queue. So, off I go to shower, shave, have tea, etc... came back, and waited another 25 minutes.

Finally.... someone answered! A real Human!!!!! Wow!!!! He took my info, and said that the Sony at your Service Registration desk closed at 4:30.

At least he gave me the numbers of 2 authorized ind Sony Service dealers. The first, Vision something or other in Santa Monica, doesnt even have an outside tech. Blah. I then called the other one, Westwood Electronics, and even tho they are a few miles away, they don't cover this area. Thankfully, they gave me the number for Ashton Electronics, down the street from me, and they were quite helpful.

Ashton took the info, and will call Sony for authorization in the morning. Then schedule a service call.

This entire bad experience took well over 2 hours. I have been a Sony customer for decades... I will *NEVER* again buy another Sony product because of this awful ordeal.

Moral of the story: If you buy Sony, make SURE the dealer has a contact with a local authorized service shop.

Dave

·
Registered
979 Posts
Without going into the details of my story with Sony At Your Service, I strongly agree with you that it is pathetic. My problem with an HS10 was never solved by a service call. Only after the regional Sony sales rep intervened did I get a new set. The rep said that the sales force was counting on the "Sony At Your Service" to be a key sales feature for high-end Sony sets, and was very displeased to learn that it wasn't. Bottomline: don't buy a Sony set on the basis of any post-sales service "features".

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike2567:
This may be a dumb question, but, did you call the dealer first? If so, did they not help?
In my case, the dealer was willing to help, but he had no additional inventory in stock. They were willing to take a full return, but I wanted a functioning set, not a bare spot on the carpet floor. It took the regional Sony sales manager to divert a replacement set from Sony's warehouse (so some dealer lost one from his promised quantity that month; at the time, dealers were only getting 0-2 per month).

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.