AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony BDP-S570 wirelessly connected to my network.

I have a WD World Book ethernet to my network.

I am running win 7 on my pc and I have WMP12.

The PC and the WD communicate great and I can access what ever I want on the WD from both PCs in the house.

I have been trying to get the Sony to play media from the WD.

The sony connects fine to the internet and i receive content (netflix, youtube). It won't connect to my media server. It seems to see it but it won't connect.

When I try to connect to the server through the Sony I get this message on the tv screen:

"The server is currently starting up.

Please wait.

Start up may take a few minutes."

Then after a minute the message changes to:

"Cannot start the server.

Wait for a few moments and then select the same server

or turn the media servers power off and on."

I have gone through this process several times. I tried sony support and was guided through the same process and have gotten no where.

Sony support also wanted me to try to use my pc and wn media player to serv the files. I said that I wanted to serv them direct from the WD but I was willing to try anything in order to get the ball rolling. I was unable to get the Sony to find the PC or visa versa. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am beginning to understand that this may be some sort of networking issue. The Bluray doesn't see the Hard drive at all nor does it see my pc. The pc doesn't see the Bluray either. It is on the network and can be found on the modem/routers lan table.

Not sure how to fix this. I have tried shutting down the firewall but that doesn't seem to help.

Any help would be great.

Alfred

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I finally solved the problem.

I got rid of the Sony BDP-570

I bought the LG BD570

Hooked it up and it works great! As soon as I hooked it up to the network it found my file shares on the WD NAS drive and I able to navigate through the various folders. Just what I wanted to do. YAY!

Now to work on converting the file types that it won't play. Looks like I will have to convert all of my ripped dvd's from .VOB to some other format.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.