AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know if the full SACD sound comes out through the digital or analog outputs?
Also, will the USB port play 24 bit WAV files through either outputs?

Or is this one of those players that cheat us?

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know if the full SACD sound comes out through the digital or analog outputs?
Also, will the USB port play 24 bit WAV files through either outputs?

Or is this one of those players that cheat us?

The full SACD sound will come from the digital output but you would need the correct type of DAC in the preamp to decode it. The analog outputs will give you SACD stereo, not multi channel SACD. Usb doesn't care how the music was recorded. It will deliver the bits of data that are there. But again you would need a DAC somewhere to decode the data. If the question is can I get multi channel SACD from the player connected to a typical receiver, the answer is yes if you have the proper type of DAC in the receiver and no if you don't. Can I get stereo SACD? Of course.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The full SACD sound will come from the digital output but you would need the correct type of DAC in the preamp to decode it. The analog outputs will give you SACD stereo, not multi channel SACD. Usb doesn't care how the music was recorded. It will deliver the bits of data that are there. But again you would need a DAC somewhere to decode the data. If the question is can I get multi channel SACD from the player connected to a typical receiver, the answer is yes if you have the proper type of DAC in the receiver and no if you don't. Can I get stereo SACD? Of course.

Thanks for the reply, FMW.

I'm only interested in getting the Full SACD (and CD) sound from my player...nothing more.
I'll be ONLY using this for Headphone listening.

I know I can get stereo SACD music with the analog outputs but I've discovered I won't get the full resolution because of some sort of "Analog Sunset" preventing this (thanks Sony)

So only the HDMI puts out the DSD.
I'm hoping someone can recommend a DAC or preamp with a great DAC that will accept the DSD signal and give me great sound...and at a great price too :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts