142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pioneer - MCS-333

Channels: 5.1 ch

RMS Total Power: 1000W

RMS Front: 1 kHz, 30% THD, 4 ohms 170 W/ch

Centre: 1 kHz, 30% THD, 4 ohms 170 W

Rear: 1 kHz, 30% THD, 4 ohms 170 W/ch

Subwoofer: 100 Hz, 30% THD, 4 ohms 170 W (Passive)

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/100/42/MCS-333/specs.html

Sony - BDV-E3100

Channels: 5.1 ch

RMS Total Power: 1000W

RMS Front: 1 kHz, 1% THD, 3 ohms 125 W/ch

Centre: 1 kHz, 1% THD, 6 ohms 250 W

Rear: 1 kHz, 1% THD, 3 ohms 125 W/ch

Subwoofer: 80 Hz, 1% THD, 6 ohms 250 W (I don't know?)

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems/bdv-e3100/specifications

I have searched online and gathered these figures/values above, they make no sense to me but hopefully someone can help. I'd like a recommendation from the links/values above, I would try/demo the Pioneer but unfortunately there aren't any stores with them in stock for me to try therefore I need to go off reviews/comments.

Please advise, thanks!

Basically, if you had to pick between the two, which one would you choose?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I know people aren't big fans of these systems but if anyone can give me some insight on which one of these would produce better sound/bass overall I'd appreciate it, can consider the brand too I'm quite new to this stuff and these systems would be easier for me, thanks.

If it helps, I'll be watching BluRays (and 3D), a lot of music via YouTube I like rap/hiphop/r&b.

Edit: Those values/figures above make no sense to me, but I'm sure it will to some of you that's why I've added them, I'm sure it tells a lot about both of them.

·
Registered
28,722 Posts
30% distortion on the Pioneer? Really? Those specs aren't very useful.

The Pioneer has 4 HDMI inputs and the Sony has none. You've got way more flexibility with the Pioneer and for that reason I'd go with that one.

Not a fan of either one though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You've got a point, 30% does sound way off. Maybe I'll ring up Pioneer and ask them, can anyone find accurate info on it in terms of distortion?

Thanks for your response mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts