AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Sony BDV-E580 and am experiencing audio lag when viewing DirecTV. I did not experience this problem with my old Pioneer SX-315. Since the audio is BEHIND the video, the A/V Sync settings only make the problem worse. Here is what I have running through the new Sony HTS:

DirecTV HR21-700 via HDMI 1

PS3 via HDMI 2

I only experience the audio lag from the DirecTV, not the PS3. If I connect the HDMI cord directly from the DirecTV box to the TV, I don't experience the lag. If I connect a set of surround sound headphones directly to the DirecTV box via optical, I don't experience lag. In fact, if I listen to the headphones while playing the audio through the Sony HTS simultaneously, the sound lag on the HTS causes an echo effect.

I've tried all the standard Sony troubleshooting to no avail (changing HDMI cords, changing HDMI inputs, power reset, reset all settings to default, turn off HDMI control, set HDMI output to speakers only, etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same exact problem except it is with my scientific cable box from cablevision....my ps3 also has no delay and i am running hdmis for both. I called sony and ran all the troubleshoots to no avail....they now want to repair the unit...i dont think thats the issue...any ideas/suggestions..thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying with luck to solve a sound problem as well. My issue is as follows:

1) Turn on the 3 systems simultaneously and the sound doesn't come on.

2) I function over from HDMI 1 and scroll all the way through back to HDMI 1

3) Count off about 90 to 120 seconds and sound mysteriously comes on.

Very annoying and I've been driving all my local audio/video guys crazy for the past 2 weeks.

To the last poster, I was told it was in the audio settings. Technician showed up and fixed me up. By the time he got to the end of the street the same problem developed.

Then, as you mentioned, I was told to go to Comcast and give them my Cisco box and exchange it for a Scientific Atlantic. Still same problem.

Next I had the dealer exchange the main Blu Ray unit and the controller remote. Still have same problem.

TV is Sony 55"lcd 720 HDTV. So much for these people making products that actually communicate with each other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Had the same problem and it is now fixed.

You can try lowering all the speaker levels to the same level (in the audio setting) and adjust all the distance to the same.

It worked for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have problems with my Sony E980W. some programs on ESPN HD lag so bad I cant watch them. It is only on Espn HD and not all programs. Checked with cable company, they say it is not cable and Sony says it is the theater system. All inout appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a BDVE580 system. Audio lags video only when i play my satellite channels, in synch on DVD, You tube, anything from the internet. I have been fumbling around with sony technical support for the last 3 weeks to no avail. If i plug the TV directly to the satellite box, its in synch.

My TV is a phillips and doesn't have an optical port.

Is there anybody out there who has a configuration that works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.