AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm not sure what I am seeing is correct but I noticed this while I was playing Sony studio movies (happened both on Click and Underworld). I am using ps3 as my player and have it set up at 1080p.

Viewing these 2 movies, I noticed that once the movie starts, the screen changes resolution to 1080i during the Sony disclaimer scene (where they say the opinions expressed in this movie is not from Sony studio etc). Then it goes back up to 1080p as the movie begins. Has anyone noticed this? Are these scenes really encoded in 1080i?

Im guessing that ps3 cannot deinterlace 1080i scene to 1080p. But it does seem rather weird that particular scene is 1080i while the movie content is encoded in 1080p

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the replies

I noticed the resolution flicker as it changed from 1080p to 1080i. Since I have the ps3 hooked up to vp50, I was able to check the resolution when this happened. And as I suspected it was indeed 1080i during that disclaimer scene.

I wonder if the movies from different studios have similar disclaimer scene..

It might be interesting to know how stand-alone players that output 1080p handle that particular scene. I am guessing they would just deinterlace 1080i and display 1080p if they come across 1080i scene.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
It's not really a big deal, so long as the disclaimer screen is 1080i. Of course, the Sony should make it a 1080p screen. In fact, raise the issue with paidgeek.

fuad

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
yes..when the disclaimer comes up...my tv screen flickers.

so i agree with the person that said it doesnt matter...who care if the disclaimer is in 1080i...as matter of fact...i dont care if it is even in 480i.

as long as the movie is in 1080p...it is fine with me.

but for some that are bother by this...yes the studios should make it consistent.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Off the top of my head, it does it on the Fox discs as well..

My Sony 46X2000 jumps to 1080i for the disclaimer then back to 1080p for the menu and feature..

The TV also reports the change via an onscreen message..

No big problem..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.