AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 2011 Sony KDL-40EX720 from Amazon.

I am experiencing "ghosting" or "double image" when viewing 3D blu-ray from my PS3.

Does anyone with this TV, experiencing the "double image" problem? I am afraid that my TV might be defective.

I played with the settings, and use official Sony 3D Glass (I have 2 and both are doing the same thing).

Can anyone confirm if there is "double image" on this model?

I know that Sony is suppose to release a new 2011 3D glasses soon. Maybe the older Sony 3D glasses are not compatible with 2011 model??

Edit: Mod pls move the thread to "3D Displays" Section.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Make sure you are not accidently doing 2d-3d conversion. Make sure you have a high speed HDMI cable. Reset your display output setting on the PS3 to Auto not 1080p and the old glasses are compatible with the new 2011 models.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The EX720 is effectively a 60Hz refresh rate on 3D. I noticed ghosting on my NX711 which is essentially a 60Hz for 3D, 120Hz for 2D. After upgrading to HX800, the ghosting was minimized to nil for the same title. Also another factor is the 3D movie itself. Some have very bad ghosting while others don't. Check reviews out on some popular BR websites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts