AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i have this model of tv and its about 5 years old, i recently noticed a very thin black line running horizontally across the screen which stops 3/4 the way across the screen. i can only see it if the picture is quite dark. if its bright the line disappears. does anyone have any idea what is causing this? its annoying because its out of warranty and i cant afford to repair it or buy another tv

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have the same model and it's about 6 years old now. About a year ago it developed a block of dead pixels that stretch from the right hand side, near the top, to about 3/4's of the way across the screen. If I set the power saving to low and switch the light sensor on the block changes from black to a much lighter shade of the colours in the picture.

I can only presume it is a fault with the panel itself and is not repairable. But that's just the TV showing its age I guess. Considering the price I paid and the amount of time it has spent delivering content from PS3's, Wii's, XB360's, and blu rays\TV I can't really complain.

Sorry it's not very helpful but if the same fault is developing after about the same time period then I would guess there is no way around it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts