AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
who dont you play some games and see? if you dont notice the lag, then it doesnt really make that much of a difference.

there's an input lag thread halfway down the page. but Sony TVs usually have high input lag.

with fighting games is probably where the problems will be. if you notice in the input lag thread there is a video demonstration of the sony Ex500 series supposedly having 50ms+ of lag. in the video though if you count the bullets and take note of the time it takes to fire all 10 rounds on both displays the time is the same in terms of seconds.

this leads me to believe that there would be like less then a second of lag in the time it takes to empty a 30 round clip in an FPS game, not taking into account player reaction time, human error, and the input lag of the display your enemy is using.

so really in the grand scheme of things the disadvantage of having alot of input lag aside from in fighting games wont matter compared to the speed of your internet connection and other things when playing an FPS online, let alone any other game.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellent
who dont you play some games and see? if you dont notice the lag, then it doesnt really make that much of a difference.

there's an input lag thread halfway down the page. but Sony TVs usually have high input lag.
it does cause i am a hardcored gamer and time sensitive games is a problem when there is input lag. i just need to know if this tv does so i can make the proper adjustment or buy the monitor from dell.

·
Registered
72 Posts
well you could get a ball park figure by checking guitar hero or something.

the main thing is, if you notice the lag then its a problem, if you dont then the amount of input lag your set has isnt enough to be a significant disadvantage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellent
well you could get a ball park figure by checking guitar hero or something.

the main thing is, if you notice the lag then its a problem, if you dont then the amount of input lag your set has isnt enough to be a significant disadvantage.
i would like to test it myself but i dont have the equipment to test it out. just be nice to hear from somebody that did on here hopefully.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellent /forum/post/19538496

with fighting games is probably where the problems will be. if you notice in the input lag thread there is a video demonstration of the sony Ex500 series supposedly having 50ms+ of lag. in the video though if you count the bullets and take note of the time it takes to fire all 10 rounds on both displays the time is the same in terms of seconds.

this leads me to believe that there would be like less then a second of lag in the time it takes to empty a 30 round clip in an FPS game, not taking into account player reaction time, human error, and the input lag of the display your enemy is using.

so really in the grand scheme of things the disadvantage of having alot of input lag aside from in fighting games wont matter compared to the speed of your internet connection and other things when playing an FPS online, let alone any other game.

The ex500 series of sets are 30ms or less game lag. As such are now some of the best gamer lag sets available in 2010 and have excellent image quality for an inexpensive set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike /forum/post/19538790

The ex500 series of sets are 30ms or less game lag. As such are now some of the best gamer lag sets available in 2010 and have excellent image quality for an inexpensive set.

but mine is the kdl32bx300 series not ex.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.