AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Its my first time posting here, thanks to a friend, so thanks for looking.

I have this: KDL46S4100

I have it set up as a HTMP running a Nvidia 210 with built in HDMI.

It has 2GB memory and is powered by a Core2Duo.

I am running full 1920x1080 at 59hz (60hz didnt make a noticeable difference to me)

The picture is blurry and pixelated in the extreme during dark scenes and fades between different shots in whatever video I am watching. It is more noticeable when I am running 720p. Scenes in darkness or flickers of fire are terrible as the entire scene will go blurry except for whatever has the most light. Same goes for 1080p.

When I am not watching a movie, and I am looking at my desktop, I see no discernable distortion. It appears to happen only when there is motion. I have tested with noise reduction off/on and various combination of settings with backlight and sharpness. The picture gets better when I turn down the backlight. but it appears to hide the problem then fix it.

Any suggestions or questions. I was going to post a video, but I dont think it will really show the detail that we all need to see. My camera shoots 720p so I can give it a try if need be.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Your video card is the problem. The TV is OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that when I play with Windows Media Player classic the quality improves slightly as opposed to VLC.

I will try new a new video card and post updates.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed a Nvidia 220gt with 1024 DDR3 memory.

I played in Windows Media Player, Media Media Player Classic and VLC.

Quality was the same as before. I checked the video settings and they are the same as the rest of my computers.

The pixels look like swirls in low light shots and in almost all standard DVD rips.

·
Registered
412 Posts
How does it look with other devices or with OTA/cable signals?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not have any cable or over the air devices installed and I do not use a DVD/bluray player except the one in the computer. I will try to get a bluray player and test.

Isnt it suspicious that the quality in VLC and Windows Media Player is degraded when compared to CCCP using Media Player Classic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts