AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a Sony bravia KDL-55HX800 LED 3D tv @ best buy the day before thanksgiving. it was on 'sale' for $1998.00 (SonyStyle had the same price on this one too). it was a bundle - tv + 3d transmitter + two Sony 3d glasses + alice in wonderland 3d disc + hdmi cable).

is this a good tv? the reviews have been good so far. is this a good deal on this one? i happened to visit a bb store near me late that evening (almost just before they closed) and saw this price. this is the same tv they put on sale for the same price on black friday!

LINKY

however, this tv is now being sold for $2199.00 now @ both bb and SonyStyle.

anyone?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyuser /forum/post/0

i bought a Sony bravia KDL-55HX800 LED 3D tv @ best buy the day before thanksgiving. it was on 'sale' for $1998.00 (SonyStyle had the same price on this one too). it was a bundle - tv + 3d transmitter + two Sony 3d glasses + alice in wonderland 3d disc + hdmi cable).

is this a good tv? the reviews have been good so far. is this a good deal on this one? i happened to visit a bb store near me late that evening (almost just before they closed) and saw this price. this is the same tv they put on sale for the same price on black friday!

LINKY

however, this tv is now being sold for $2199.00 now @ both bb and SonyStyle.

anyone?

This set is great value for a fairly large screen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got the same TV, bundle, and price, delivered by SonyStyle yesterday.

I haven't opened the TV box yet. Did you happen to notice that the top (not front) face of the box was taped shut with clear tape? That the flaps seemed to fall inward with no styrofoam layer holding them in place? That the hand hold cutouts on the side faces allowed access to the TV, protected only by a thin layer of wax-paper-like plastic wrap (no styrofoam)?

I'm hoping I got a real new TV, not an already-opened box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just paid $1,499.99 from U.S. Appliance. Waiting for the delivery this week. I bought it to replace my old Sony KDF-55/60XS955. I thought it was a good price even for a 2D tv. Haven't purchased the 3D equipment yet because I think the price for the glasses will drop. Fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.