AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just picked up the Sony Bravia KDL-52S4100 LCD. First impressions of the PQ from Comcast HD and PS3 BluRay movies are great. Would like to hear from other users on their calibration settings and tweaks. The closest model I found on the net is the 52V4100.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanusj /forum/post/15533773

Hello all,

Just picked up the Sony Bravia KDL-52S4100 LCD. First impressions of the PQ from Comcast HD and PS3 BluRay movies are great. Would like to hear from other users on their calibration settings and tweaks. The closest model I found on the net is the 52V4100.

Have a great day.

You can get some ideas here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055795

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rus2... was looking at that thread last night and tried a few settings. Definitely helped as a starting point. However, since this model is an entry model, there is no advance picture/color setting like the V series (sob sob).. you get what you pay for sadly.. but all is not lost I am sure..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd be interested in these settings too. Getting one of these delivered from Costco in a day or two. I've searched around this site and others, and have found nothing. Let me know if you find good info!

-Ryan

·
Registered
290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtiger /forum/post/15534660

I'd be interested in these settings too. Getting one of these delivered from Costco in a day or two. I've searched around this site and others, and have found nothing. Let me know if you find good info!

-Ryan

You could try these:

Preset Custom

Backlight 5

Picture 90-95

Brightness 50-52

Color 45-50

Temp Neutral

All adv. setting turned OFF

Try not to raise Sharpness too high.

That should give you a nice picture. Hope it helps.

Also, you can use this as your starting calibration method:

http://www.thx.com/home/dvd/optimizer/index.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rus2, thanks for the THX pointer. Queued up netflix for a DVD that has the optimizer. Will post what I find here when it arrives.

Also, thanks to user ge-sp on this forum, the advanced setup menu can be reached using these keys below, on the TV input mode:

left,right,mute,center button, mute, menu

Have not tried changing anything, have no idea how - and no need to - YET.

·
Registered
38 Posts
User Menu Settings

Picture Settings

Picture Mode : Standard

Backlight : 8

Picture : 80

Brightness : 55

Color : 55

Hue : R2

Color Temperature : Warm 1

Sharpness : Minimum

NR : Low

MPEG NR : Low

Advanced Settings : Default

·
Registered
63 Posts
not to hijack your thread, but does anyone know how well this model works with HDMI computer input to the TV? I noticed in the manual it specifically mentions NOT to hook up a computer to the TV via HDMI. Wonder what Sony's rational is behind that...

besides 1080p .mkv playback, of course. that might have a marginal affect on Blu Ray sales.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts