AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmm, that's odd.... I have the 32"XBR with the DN 942,and i dont have that problem at all. Is this happening with both remotes? Are you in single user mode?

Hammr

EDIT: i just read the Satellite guys thread, my 942 is not under my tv on the stand, i have it on a equiptment rack about 5-6 feet away from tv. It's in single mode, feeding my Bravia(hdmi) and my front projector(component).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in single mode and happens with both remotes and my pronto remote. Looks like the mystery is solved in the Satellite guys thread. The light sensor causes the issue if the receiver is within 3-5 feet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy65
I have a Bravia and during the first few minutes of being turned on the remote for the 942 satellite receiver will not function. After a couple of minutes everything is fine. This behaviour has been noted by others in a thread over at satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=428885#post428885 .

Anyone have any idea why the tv interferes with the ir remote?
I had the same problem with my DVR box remote & the Bravia. Someone suggested that the backlight was causing interference. A small piece of masking tape over the sensor on the box solved the problem. The tape seems to filter out the interference from the TV & allows the IR to operate normally.

·
Super Moderator
21,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmt
I had the same problem with my DVR box remote & the Bravia. Someone suggested that the backlight was causing interference. A small piece of masking tape over the sensor on the box solved the problem. The tape seems to filter out the interference from the TV & allows the IR to operate normally.
I agree it is probaly the backlight which is a number of florescent bulbs:

at turn-on the backlights are fed a higher voltage for a few minutes to bring them up to full output:they spew out a lot of IR noise during this time: most LCD flat panels do this

the masking tape fix helps a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.