AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased a Sony Bravia kdl-52W4100 last weekend and after a week I been noticing throughout the week that the t.v. really isn't that bright. At first i thought it was just that I wasn't yet accustomed to LCD's, given that i've had a CRT for 20 years.

But when i try to adjust the backlight i notice that there is absolutely no change in the lighting or anything else for that matter. I go from low to maximum and nothing. I've tried looking at it from different angles, up close, in different lighting conditions with different still images, but still nothing.

So i went to the store where i purchased the set and i tried doing the same on the TV's they had on display. They had two of them, one in a well lit area and one a dark area. Both of them show a substantial difference when i change the backlight setting.

So my question is, have any of you had or heard of this problem, and do you think that if it is indeed broken, if i should be entitled to a new TV at the store, or do I have to go through the manufacturer?

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sounds like your set has a problem.

If you purchased it from a reputable retailer then you should just take it back and get a replacement.

Most stores allow this within a 30 day period after you bought the TV if you didn't buy an extended warranty.

After the 30 days you'll likely have to deal with the manufacture directly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I did purchase an extended warranty. But i'm going to try to exchange it for another one at the store.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Check the "Light Sensor". If it is ON, try turning it OFF. It greatly reduces the range of the backlight when you are in a dark setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts