XR Contrast: Contrast Booster 15
HDR: HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG
Operating system: Google TV
HDMI 2.1 ports: 3 (4K 120Hz, ALLM, VRR)
Certification: Netflix Calibrated, IMAX Enhanced, Calman Ready
Sound: Acoustic Multi Audio, Dolby Atmos, 3D Surround upscaling
Design: 3-way stand

X95J
Sizes: 65in (KD-65X95J) 75in (KD-75X95J), 85in (KD-85X95J)
Screen type: Full Array LED, X-Wide Angle, X-Anti Reflection (not 85in)
Resolution: 4K
Processor: XR Picture Processor
XR Contrast: Contrast Booster 10
HDMI 2.1 ports: 2 (4K 120Hz, ALLM, VRR)
Design: 3-way stand (75/85in), 2-way stand without centre positioning (65in)

X93J/X94J
Sizes: 50in (KD-50X94J) 55in (KD-55X94J), 65in (KD-65X94J), 75 (KD-75X94J)
Screen type: Full Array LED
XR Contrast: Contrast Booster 5
Design: 2-way stand (55in and above)

X92J
Sizes: 100in (KD-100X92J)
XR Contrast: Contrast Booster 10
Design: 2-way Slim Blade stand

X90J
Sizes: 50in (KD-50X90J) 55in (KD-55X90J), 65in (KD-65X90J), 75 (KD-75X90J)
XR Contrast: Contrast Booster 5
Design: 2-way Slim Blade stand (55in and above)

OLED:

A90J

Sizes: 55in (KD-55A90J), 65in (KD-65A90J), 83in (KD-83A90J)
Screen type: OLED Master Series
XR Contrast: XR OLED Contrast Pro
Certification: Netflix Calibrated, IMAX Enhanced
Sound: Acoustic Surface Audio+, Dolby Atmos, 3D Surround Upscaling
Design: 3-way stand (83in), 2-way stand (55/65in)

A80J
Sizes: 55in (KD-55A80J), 65in (KD-65A80J), 77in (KD-77A80J)
Screen type: OLED
XR Contrast: XR OLED Contrast
Certification: Netflix Calibrated, IMAX Enhanced
Sound: Acoustic Surface Audio+, Dolby Atmos, 3D Surround Upscaling
Design: 3-way stand

SONY NEW Crystal-LED Lineup Announced for Professional Market:

SONY Crystal-LED Lineup with New "X1 For Crystal LED" Processor. High performance Chip-set to handle color grading up-to 22bit. With support HDR and HFR(120hz) for 3D and pixel mapping in accordance to Input Resolution. With 16µm Pixel Size this takes the Contrast to 1,000,000:1 and peak brightness to 1800cd/m².

·
Registered
51 Posts
There's one thing I want, Sony: a 75" LCD that fully supports the Xbox One Series X and eARC to replace my 850C.

I almost made the mistake of buying the 900H last year. This year I know better to wait for your stuff to work out of the box instead of trusting a firmware update promise.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expect a Lot from SONY this year. Because they completely slacked off last year. This year I expect a lot.

1. Mini-LED TV
2. Full HDMI 2.1 Support
3. VRR
4. Even Better Color Accuracy
5. Brighter OLED without compromising on shadow-detail(For OLED Crowd)

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
There's one thing I want, Sony: a 75" LCD that fully supports the Xbox One Series X and eARC to replace my 850C.

I almost made the mistake of buying the 900H last year. This year I know better to wait for your stuff to work out of the box instead of trusting a firmware update promise.
Doesn't the current firmware on the 900H do what you described? Like you mentioned, it was a future software update that I now believe is on the sets.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new models will get Mini LED's,and the 850H will get the Full array Dimming found in the 900H!
Hope that is the case. Because both LG and SAMSUNG have confirmed to have Mini-LED in heir Lineup. So if SONY wants to be competitive(I hope they do) they have to bring in Mini-LED into their Lineup as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Doesn't the current firmware on the 900H do what you described? Like you mentioned, it was a future software update that I now believe is on the sets.
According to the 900H owners and gaming threads, as well as r/bravia on Reddit, it doesn’t. eARC drops out a lot and owners recommend turning it off. 4K120 mode results in blurry picture on XBOX and PC. 4K120 and Dolby Vision are either-or. OK, that last one isn’t very important.

Sony’s official line is that only PS5 is supported at the moment. And they went back and changed the firmware update promise to be more vague.

It’s all looking shady enough that some are even speculating that there is a hardware limitation and Sony will never be able to fully support HDMI 2.1 on the 900H. I’m not that cynical and hope they are just a year plus behind on having the software for the TV ready. Lack of Android 11 might be a factor. But there are only weasel words from Sony, so we don’t know.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I’m hoping we get another Z master series in the 75 inch range

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
According to the 900H owners and gaming threads, as well as r/bravia on Reddit, it doesn’t. eARC drops out a lot and owners recommend turning it off. 4K120 mode results in blurry picture on XBOX and PC. 4K120 and Dolby Vision are either-or. OK, that last one isn’t very important.

Sony’s official line is that only PS5 is supported at the moment. And they went back and changed the firmware update promise to be more vague.

It’s all looking shady enough that some are even speculating that there is a hardware limitation and Sony will never be able to fully support HDMI 2.1 on the 900H. I’m not that cynical and hope they are just a year plus behind on having the software for the TV ready. Lack of Android 11 might be a factor. But there are only weasel words from Sony, so we don’t know.
Yep Sony completely let me down with the 900h this year. The set has had bugs since it came out including as mentioned audio drop outs, rebooting randomly, wifi problems, no picture signal when switching to HDMI 2.1 inputs after it was introduced, eArc issues galore with 2.1, and barely working 4K/120 including blurry half vertical resolution at 120hz (even in lower resolutions).

Coming from high end LG tvs before, this Sony was supposed to be a step up but I have continued to be plagued by problems with this set. I don't know that I will ever buy a Sony again.

Still waiting on properly working eArc and the promised VRR update, and a properly working 4K/120 mode instead of this garbage 32gbps utilizing HDMI 2.1 implementation that they also have on the PS5 .

Even though this tv could pass 48gbps on 2 HDMI ports as advertised if their engineers wanted to change how their processing works for at least one HDMI mode (PC), turning off local dimming if necessary.

Support has been flooded with upset customers but they just repeat the line that the tv is PS5 "compatible" with HDMI 2.1 and more or less telling PC owners who want to game at a crisp, clear 4K/120hz that they only guarantee Playstation compatibility.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HDMI 2.1 is the Minimum I expect from All brands on Most Models and specially SONY to implement on X800 and Up all Models.

Mini-LED for X900,X950 and Z9.

But have hopes on the low side.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will SONY be moving on to "I" series or "J" series after 2020 "H" series or go back to B/C or completely ditch the Alphabets and go to calling them regular X950 and X900 and so on. Then from 2022 they can name it as X950 II and go up form there.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I’m expecting they stick with I but you never know?
will we get another master series Z model that is Thats another???

Reactions: KING DRANZER

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m expecting they stick with I but you never know?
will we another master series Z models that is Thats another???
Will we see another Master Series Z Model?
Answer is YES(90%).

8K For Z-Series New Model. Possibly New Processor with Different Name.

4K For Regular Lineup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do they typically announce prices during these types of events? I'm zeroing in on the X950H and am ready to buy but if these new, highER tech TVs come out and 75" mini LEDs are going to cost me $3,500 or $4,000.... I'll 'suffer' with the X950H.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts