AVS Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1001 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Are you serious. Are you sure it was not Open-box or Used. Well possibly you guys got excessive stock. But I remember B&H and Amazon.com were out of stock when I checked back then. Same goes for UK stores as I was planning to import it. But nope had no luck and in India it was completely out of stock. I had no luck finding it in stock in Any major website in US and UK from where I could get it shipped back then.

Are you sure it was Z9D for 3.5K and was New Sealed Box. I don't think that was possible seeing how high the demand back then was.
Best Buy clearanced them out for that price. They had the 75" for $3500 and $2000 for the 65". Value Electronics did too and I actually purchased a 65" from them. Sadly I was forced to sell it.☹

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #963 ·
Wow that is a good deal you got there. And also sad that you had to sell it. But yeah I guess both Best Buy and Value Electronics don't have International shipping service. I dint check them out back then. But sadly Amazon.com and B&H were out of stock in June-July 2018 when I tried to order it. Well I still am wondering why was it out of stock on Amazon.com and B&H while Best Buy and Value Electronics had to clear the stock at Low Price. But I guess they ordered lot extra and got the stock piled up by the time Z9F was launching and had to clear Z9D foolish mistake on their side as even at full price people would have eventually purchase Z9D over Z9F.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
With my new business and working at home, I do my "critical watching" with lights on (no dimming). I have the ability to watch completely dark, which used to be the way I did, but not so much now.
A90J has Exceptional picture quality and being OLED retains the Shadow Detail Greatly while delivering perfect blacks. A90J is the brightest OLED but the Reflections on the Display may be issue if Lights in the room get directly reflected on the TV. Specially in the Dark or Black Scenes you will notice your own reflection greatly. Z9J with the new X-Anti Reflection coating will be great for you and with lights on the blacks will not seem to faded much and be less noticeable. So overall I say Z9J may be better package for your over all needs.

Yeah Z9J will be better for you.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Wow that is a good deal you got there. And also sad that you had to sell it. But yeah I guess both Best Buy and Value Electronics don't have International shipping service. I dint check them out back then. But sadly Amazon.com and B&H were out of stock in June-July 2018 when I tried to order it. Well I still am wondering why was it out of stock on Amazon.com and B&H while Best Buy and Value Electronics had to clear the stock at Low Price. But I guess they ordered lot extra and got the stock piled up by the time Z9F was launching and had to clear Z9D foolish mistake on their side as even at full price people would have eventually purchase Z9D over Z9F.
Likely Sony retailer limitations on quantity and for sale period of discontinued product, for marketing and warranty reasons.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Apparently, you have to pay to get ''insider access'' on rtings.com for their A90J review.. Hey rtings, If I paid to get inside something, it wouldn't be your website....

·
Vendor
29,880 Posts
That was a good deal. I wish we had similar deal here. But well yes it is in the past and we cannot get our hands on new Z9D. Well here in India it is even hard to find Z9D on second hand market irrelevant of the asking price.

X95J and Z9J will be better than the competition but yeah don't have high hopes for them anyways.
Well the Z8H was a great unit, Z9J should be good as well,probably the best LED again.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #969 ·
Well the Z8H was a great unit, Z9J should be good as well,probably the best LED again.
Better than competition Yes probably be the best LED TV out this year. But better than Z9D nah not gonna happen. I will be surprised if Z9J lands on the equal grounds with Z9G not even better. I don't think even that is possible.

I will really be surprised if the New XR processor takes the Color Grading and Accuracy back to Z9D level. Even though it may not have equally good Contrast as Z9D it should end up being better than Z9G in that aspect.

Lets see how Good Z9J ends up being or will it be a disappointment.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The sony A90J apparently has quality control issues with the 65 inch versions of the panel, and the brightness reviews are boasting about is overrated because it can only get over 1000 nits in vivid mode which isn't the best mode to use for picture quality... The Z9J needs to save us!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don’t know if LGD don’t care or can’t fix the issues. Most likely supply and demand is too high. Looks like I’ll be sticking to LCD for a while.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the "S-CENTER SPEAKER IN " port on the 2021 Sony Tv's is an amplified port? In other words, can I run a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the center terminals on my STR-DN1080 to this port to use the TV as a center channel? Thank you!

·
Registered
757 Posts
B&H has the 85" X95J "unavailable" but shows a $4999 price when searching for it. A full grand over the 85" X950H MSRP.

961 - 980 of 1001 Posts