AVS Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1001 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Are you ok? You're constantly in here hating on Sony when you're not in the Samsung threads raving about their new tv's. Do you really have that much hate for a tv manufacturer or is your life really that sad?
They do have amusement value, although it gets old fast. I've since found "Ignore" functionality an absolute necessity.

·
Vendor
29,880 Posts
The sony A90J apparently has quality control issues with the 65 inch versions of the panel, and the brightness reviews are boasting about is overrated because it can only get over 1000 nits in vivid mode which isn't the best mode to use for picture quality... The Z9J needs to save us!!
At the time of this post, we have no X90J owners here in the USA, not as of yet.

---Their are owners now :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to the Chinese youtube review, the info on SoC for the X92J is MT5895 at 3GB of ram. I find it incredible that these TV manufacturers could make the UX 1000x better by just giving more ram at the very least, but these are some of the lowest end SoCs you can possibly put in these machines. MT5895 with 3GB of ram and 16GB of storage will be enough to not constantly be pestered with running out of space and not having a bunch of slow down, but when the best TV possible is a just-barely-passable SoC, why would they make this choice? It's only a few bucks extra for more ram and storage at the very least which would go a LONG way into making the whole experience extremely enjoyable.

Anyhoo, I am still looking into getting the 100" X92J. Does anyone know the release date for this TV and MSRP?

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
2,175 Posts
Anyhoo, I am still looking into getting the 100" X92J. Does anyone know the release date for this TV and MSRP?

Did you bother to read the thread you posted in?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
Well X92J 100" being based on X90J may not be that good for replacing a Decent Projector Setup in home theater as the Blooming may become a Major issue in Dark Room. X90J definitely has better back-light control than X900H but still it is not exceptionally good and can be distracting most of the time.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
So does this tv have the blur ar 4k/120 too?
No but banding issues have risen so Sony might be internally limiting color depth to make mediatek chip cope with 4k 120Hz HDR picture. It still has the same chip as X900H. Banding goes away if dropped out of HDR or with 60hz HDR signal.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #990 ·
Darn it !! The 100" is $19,999 :(

SONY Literally missed the Mark by a long shot.

And I really wanna make it clear that for Potential Dedicated Home Theater Setup guys who were looking towards purchasing this TV to replace their Projectors are really better off purchasing a decent Projector and High Quality Screen for similar budget than spending on this.

The only market I see for it is where people are wanting 100" TV for Living Room which is extremely small. SONY Lost huge market simply pricing it $20K.

Really SAD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Surprisingly small MSRP difference between 75" X90J and X95J (+$400). But then a huge jump from 75" to 85" on the X95J (+$1,700). Sony's marketing team must think they are really onto something with that pricing strategy.

BTW, $20K for the 100" makes perfect sense. There's next to no competition in that space. The goal is maximizing profit not units sold. They can always discount later and then people will get excited getting a 100" for 50% off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like the one I want (65 X95J) is going to be the last one out. Late summer. I wonder why so late for an X95 series? They're usually one of the first out.:mad:
I know, that is really bruutal. We just moved and using a really old 49in 1080i tv, was hoping to jump to the X95J but don't think we can wait till late summer for that.

I was really looking forward to it, but might have to go to another brand. Not sure if I want to go to the 950H. Tempted to even go to A8H with the prices likely competing with the new 95J's.

Looking through the details, the only difference between the 90J & 95J is the X-Wide and the number of LED Zones?

·
Vendor
29,880 Posts
BTW, $20K for the 100" makes perfect sense. There's next to no competition in that space. The goal is maximizing profit not units sold. They can always discount later and then people will get excited getting a 100" for 50% off.
NEC, LG, and Samsung make a 4k 98" monitor. For about $7999. No stand, no speakers, no apps, no smart features, and no HDR. :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how quick the discounting starts on the X92 100", i'm assuming there is plenty of profit margin

Hopefully we see these sizes dropping down to 10k within the next few years, as i feel we will see more competition in the next 18 months

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how quick the discounting starts on the X92 100", i'm assuming there is plenty of profit margin

Hopefully we see these sizes dropping down to 10k within the next few years, as i feel we will see more competition in the next 18 months
"few years" is a long time in electronics. I believe we will be able to buy it at 12-15K by year end .

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
In Singapore the 85" Z9J will launch at S$26,999. Guess, we should be grateful as it launching at $10K elsewhere.

·
Registered
255 Posts
"few years" is a long time in electronics. I believe we will be able to buy it at 12-15K by year end .
‘I wouldn’t be surprised if they were reduced to 15k at the end of the year, they is plenty of margin on these, and we see decent pricing later in the year with almost all tv’s

in 18 months we should see better economy of scale and competition for a decent reduction in recommended retail price.

‘I’m looking forwards to seeing the reviews on it, by time they launch a global version it’ll be an improved version and a bit cheaper

981 - 1000 of 1001 Posts