AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I recently found a Sony KP-51WS510 on Craigslist for a decent price.

My other Sony TV has some type of edge enhancement (ClearEdge VM) that you could control in the menu....High, Med, Low, Off.

This older CRT RPTV does not have this. VIVID has a lot of edge enhancement...STANDARD, a little less....MOVIE, less still and PRO seems to have it totally disabled.

I would like go into the service menu and globally change this edge enhancement for all three other modes to be disabled like PRO.

I am not sure what to change....anyone have any ideas?

Also, anyone know the settings to change the actual size of the picture? It seems like I am losing too much information on the sides of the picture as network logos are cut off.

Thanks bunches

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I have the 57" version of this set and have done of lot of things inside the service menu and can probably help you out. But are you familiar with the service menu and how bad you can mess things up?

Changing the picture size parameters will force you do to a full manual convergence, so a bit time consuming.

The edge-enhancement setting.....there are many.

The main one is called UVML and is set to 0 in Pro Mode, which is off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am fairly familiar with it. I used to own a KP61HS10 and fooled around quite a bit years ago.

I am really more concerned with making the edge enhancement for VIVID, STANDARD and MOVIE disabled and/or the same as PRO.

This set looks like it is pushing red quite a bit, and if you have any suggestions other than messing with RCUT and RDRV that would be great too.

thanks again

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Why don't you pm me your email address and I'll send you my spreadsheet that lists all the service menu parameters I am familiar with and their descriptions, along with the default settings and what I have them set to now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.