AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to do 10-20 minute clips to record inside buses and trains (old buses and trains)

The wider angle lens the better. Audio needs to be decent (not too tinny please, I want to be able to recognize engine exhaust notes, air compressor sounds, etc)

Does the TX9 have a cap on the file size or length? (if it's over 25 minutes, I should be okay)?

How bad is the battery life on video? (I'll get a spare, but I hope it can do 45 min a battery)

·
Registered
790 Posts
I know that on digital cameras the cap is 4 GB. When the camera reaches 4gb the recording session stops.

I do not know how many minutes can u record in 4GB at the highest setting.

lso, u may want to buy the tx7. It is cheaper and the video quality should be the same of the tx9. I think the tx9 is better in picture quality, but as concern video quality they are the same.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
If you are taking video inside, you might want to consider the WX5, which has a much bigger lens (aperture=f2.4 versus f3.5) and thus is superior to the TX9 in low light. The specs, features and battery are othewise exactly the same as the TX9, but the zoom is longer (same wide angle though) and the lcd is not quite as good.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The CX110 is much inferior in video quality to the TX7/9 and WX5 and should be no better in audio quality: both do Dolby digital at the same bitrate and stereo and have no manual control of audio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts