AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Sony cx995v and besides a few quirks I like it ok. The one thing that really bugs me is this bright blue light behind the disks that is on all the time. At night l like to listen to cds and that light illuminats the whole room. Is there any way to disable it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I've had the same issue with some components, I hate bright blue LED's. I have either replaced them with dimmer red or amber LED's (with a resistor inline to dim them a bit), or remove one of the leads and disable it entirely.

·
Banned
8,503 Posts
The display on my Cambridge 340C is way too bright, so I have it masked with tape. Of course, I can't see the information that way, but I never need to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could use tape, and if possible, shaded glass. Just go and get some cut out and put it over wherever the light is. If it works, you can dim the light to some degree while still being able to look at it.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qprhooligan /forum/post/14214053

I just got the Sony cx995v and besides a few quirks I like it ok. The one thing that really bugs me is this bright blue light behind the disks that is on all the time. At night l like to listen to cds and that light illuminats the whole room. Is there any way to disable it?

Thanks.

Aside for the light, how is the player overall. Do you use it more for music or DVD's? Thinking about purchasing it for my DVD collection. As a secondary DVD player..

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm with you on this...gee...Sony you can shut off the digital displays but tray illumination stays on
not as bad full of discs.

I considered putting a switch inline. Instead I used a piece of ABS plastic just wide enough to block the light yet not the controls. I just lay it on top of the unit hanging over.

Most car audio installers order and use lots of 12" x 12" abs plastic sheets. Just score it with a utility knife and steel straight edge and it can be heat bent with a bic lighter appied back n forth on the non-textured underside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts