AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I need a little help with a few things. I'm replacing my Yamaha RX2400 reciever that has served me well for about the last 5 years. I have a Sony 46XBR5, PS3, Energy FPS speakers. After reading up on some of the newer features that all the models have I guess some are confusing to me. I never owned a Sony receiver before but my brother in law works for Sony and the discounts on the receivers are close to 50% plus they're having an extra 10% off this coming week. After looking at the Sony DA4400ES and DG1200 what are the real differences? I know they're are a few 120 per channel vs. 110 per channel but other than that I can't say I see a real difference other than the 1200 doesn't have the different zones which I don't think I would use anyway. Does anyone own either of these or offer any advice on these? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
The main difference is the 4400ES has a much bigger power supply and stronger amplifier section (it weighs about 8lbs more). The DG1200's amp section isn't comparable to the RX-V2400. At the kind of discount you will get, I would definitely chose the 4400ES.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts