AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a number of posts in this forum about obtaining the DA4ES for about 600 dollars. I've looked at a number of vendors, such as Crutchfield, and it is listed at a price of around 1000. Where are people getting these massive discounts, and is it from authorized dealers? :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just curious... would that supplier be offering the Sony ES products with full Sony warranty (since one of the features of Sony ES is a 5 year warranty)?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes - Joe Sammans (of sammans.com) is an authorized dealer and it does in fact come with the 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
862 Posts
J&R is a Sony authorized dealer and will price match. By the way, if the DA4ES was $1000, it would still be a good buy. But for $600, it's a steal.

·
Registered
Onkyo TX-NR5009, AppleTV 4K, Sony KDL-55W900A, M&K s-125 lcr, M&K SS-150 surround, SVS 16-46pci sub
785 Posts
Yes Sammans is an authorized mail order dealer

·
Registered
53 Posts
try expressaudiovideo.com as well for ES line. Authorized online dealer with knowledgeable staff. I purchased EA-4 @ 636.00 approx several months ago. Great deal !!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When looking for low prices I usually do a Google search on the model number then click on the results for price comparisons from places such as Dealtime, Cnet, Nextag, etc. Then do the research into the quality of the vendor. Crazy Eddie's has the DA4ES for $578.00. Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought my DA4ES from Jandr.com last week for 658 shipped. I told them to price match ecost.com. ecost and crazy eddie arent authorized retailers, that I know of. But Jandr.com is....so I got the full 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What happens when you purchase one of these items from an "authorized dealer" online, and you do indeed receive a legitimate, brand new product with warranty. Then it breaks and you call the manufacturer and they say, "who did you purchase it from?" You say who the seller was and they reply that the seller is authorized, but not for online, so therefore, they cannot honor the warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.