AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the new sony 40 inch WEGA and the all in one dream machine home theatre DAV-C900 I also have a directivo Sony SAT 60. along with a vcr, by the way the DAV-C900 and SAT60 have optical output /input ( where can I but an optical cable?)

Coulds someone please tell me which connections on the DAV C900 should be hooked up from the SAT 60 and VCR as well as the TV.

Lastly is there a DVD or CD that will help set the correct levels and modes for the DAV C900 working with the Sony WEGA?

I appreciate any help this is my first Home Theatre setup and the cost was substantial and I want to get the most out of the system

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
856 Posts
Try either the "Avia" or the "Video Essentials" DVD's to callibrate the TV. Start in the TV's "Movie" setting since, when callibrated it will be the most accurate (the "Pro" setting is second best). It will appear a little dark initially, but give it a week before going back. Optical "TosLink" cables can be bought almost any HT stores online or in most stores locally that have a home theater display (CircuitCity, BestBuy, Tweeter, Etc.).

Connections ranked in order of best to worst are:

VIDEO:

RGB

Component

S-Video

Composite (RCA)

Coaxial

AUDIO:

Optical (TosLink) or Digital Coaxial (tie)

Composite (RCA)

Coaxial (combined with video)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.