AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated the AVS Project Contrast thread sticky at the top of this forum ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=852467 ). It now includes a ton of details on the Sony DI, including measurements of dynamic contrast, dynamic gamma, contrast performance of Iris 1 vs Iris 2, etc. For people who are interested in the Sony DI implementation this is a must read.

Please feel free to add your comments, questions and criticisms at the end of the contrast thread. Here is a few tid bits that appear in the contrast thread:

The chart below shows the shadow detail/dynamic contrast results between iris off and iris 1 modes of the VW50.

Dynamic Gamma - Iris 1 vs Iris off

Dynamic Gamma - Iris 1 vs Iris 2

Dynamic Contrast Examination - Iris 1 vs Iris Off vs VW50 with same on/off performed natively.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm22721 /forum/post/0

How about the downside of DI ? My Pearl has noticeable iris pumping that drives me crazy in some scenes where it oscillates for up to 30 seconds. What causes this and can it be fixed ?

never somewhat something similar observes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.