Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me with this problem:

I just got Io Digital Cable service through Cablevision which uses the Sony DHG-M55CV cable converter box. Now, when I tried to program my Showstoper 2000 with the new code to operate the Sony cable box through the ReplayTv remote, I couldn't find a code for Sony. I tried all the "Other" codes and nothing has worked.

I called Panasonic customer service support and they didnt have a solution.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Rhino1

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
From my understand the Showstoppers (nor any Replay models for that matter) can not control most cable boxes. The cable boxes themselves are the problem, they were designed to control other devices, not for other devices(like a Replay) to control them. The only way to control the cable box is to use the IR blaster.

Edited to fix the missing NOT. Thanks JTL

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Ace, your message is rather difficult to decipher (missing a "not", maybe?).

Rhino, I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions -- this is apparently a very new product. The only other mention I can find of it is someone else asking the same question on the newsgroup, with no followup.

Are there any clues it might be a rebranded version of something else (like the Motorola boxes which are rebranded GIs (ptui!))? Do you have a digital camera, to take some pics of the box itself and its screens, to see if anybody recognizes it as related to something else?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a digital cam. To me it doesnt look like a rebranded cable box and I tried every single code in the setup section. As I said, I called tech support and they couldnt help out either. But then again you know how tech support can be! They probably looked in the manual just like me.

I checked out Sony's web site and did a web search on the model number but I couldnt find out anything. Hopefully someone here will know something more or there will be some kind of "patch" from ReplayTV.

Thanks though.

Rhino1

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cablevision has been upgrading their digital system. These Sony Converters are new. You should inform SonicBlue so that they can add the IR codes to your Replay.

Cablevision has not rolled out this network in my neighborhood yet, but I am sure I will have the same problem when it is introduced.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I found a ccf file for this cable box over at Remote Central and have decoded it. It uses the newer Sony20 protocol and there aren't many remote codes out there programmed with this protocol at this time, so I can tell you that there isn't a code in your Replay remote or your Replay box to control this one. But, if you are interested in adding the code to your Replay remote, I have the info you need to do it, but it would require a JP1 cable.

As for getting SonicBlue to add the code to your Replay box, feel free to add your voice to this thread , but I wouldn't hold your breath! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.