AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if Sony will ever make a DLP projector to compete with Sharp, Marantz, Seleco, Dwin and Runco, or are they so sure that enough people will buy their next LCD pj just because it's a Sony, that they don't care anyway?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Saw a Sony 3 Chip DLP at a Sony expo earlier. It was about $100K but the picture was not that great, colors were way off (more yellow/green). It was bright tho.

·
Banned
770 Posts
From Sony? Not in the works right now. They are coming out with the Sony VW12HT (I haven't seen this posted anywhere so it might be new news). I think the 12HT is to be speced similiar to the PLV-70HT. Sony has been doing too well with the LCD. Why switch midstream?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would preffer to see a DILA.

MRW

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Sony is not partial to LCD.

In addition to their LCD "HT" projectors, they have
  • Many other LCD projectors
  • The single-chip DLP you mentioned
  • A triple-chip DLP
  • A digital cinema LCOS
  • ...and of course, they are working on their GLV

Sony is a huge company! They have their fingers in just about everything if you look closely enough.

Mark

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would still like to see how well they would make a 16 X 9 TI based DLP pj in the same price range as the Sharp 9000, Marantz Vp12s, etc. Don't understand why they would leave that particular part of the market open for other companies to dominate. I know it's not that big a market yet, but why not establish themselves as a major player in that field, just in case it becomes entrenched?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.