AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully mated the Sony DMX-NV1 with a wireless game adapter? More specifically, a LinkSys WGA54G? I do have some experience with wireless networks, but so far I can't get the Sony HDTV to talk to the Internet via the DMX-NV1 and WGA54G.

I did the setup on the LinkSys with my computer, then attached it to the DMX-NV1. All the lamps are lit on the DMX-NV1, but when going through the setup screen for the Sony KDL-52WL140, the TV does not see a connection with either the automatic or the manual setup. I have a feeling that the problem is in the I.P's I am using, but it has me stumped so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After I posted my request for help, I tried the setup on the Sony TV once more. Amazingly, the DMX-NV1 connected with the Internet, and started downloading a software update. Everything works fine now. Apparently, all you have to do when you have a problem is post a message on this forum and your problems will magically be fixed!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Usually how it works

Glad to hear it worked. A bridge can pretty much be used to make anything with an ethernet jack wireless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 /forum/post/15439077

Usually how it works

Glad to hear it worked. A bridge can pretty much be used to make anything with an ethernet jack wireless.

Now I have to set it up to get some of the Amazon.com movies that came with the TV. Pretty strange having your TV talk to the Internet. I am using the LinkSys WGA-54G to connect to a Motorola 3347 DSL modem/wireless router. Something new to play with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.