AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just would like to know what the DRC settings which are interalced,progressive, and cinamotion do for videogames and vhs that are not progressive scan.

Which one is best for videogames, is cinamotion ok?Also for vhs tapes what do you think the setting should be at, should it be cinamotion or interlaced or progressive? Would cinamotion help out VHS?

And what should be used for videogames?Interlaced,progressive,cinamotion?

·
Registered
408 Posts
to me, i either go with Progressive scan or cinemotion.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
On my 32HS510 when watching analog cable or VHS I use Interlaced otherwise I can see some wierd effects during motion,I have a progressive dvd player but I noticed some movies look better with it disabled on the player and Cinemotion selected, Xbox games look best using its own progressive wich disables DRC completly, but with games that only run 480i I'll use the Progressive DRC mode.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Interlaced DRC option for analog tv and VHS, for games depends on the games really try both I prefer Cinemotion on many games that are sent 480i but not all. Most DVD-R movies seem to be much better with Cinemotion also rather than even my dvd players doing the upconverting. I don't have a XP30 player though that is considered the best for 480p dvd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.