AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Sony Dream System (DAV-C770) and what I need to know is I already have my house pre-wired for rear speakers, but I see on the back of the receiver is these color coded connections for the speaker setup. That's fine, but since I already have the wire run to the back speakers where do I find a connector needed to connect to the receiver? It's not your regular speaker connection set-up.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ummm... only monster cables make those cables for Sony and Kenwood HTiBs. SO if you really want those connectors, you will have to shell out for the kit. and they cost about 100 bucks...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a related question, but mine is the opposite. I want to keep the sony speakers and use them with a different receiver. Can I just cut the special connector off and use the speakers that way???

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes, but don't over power them. On the back of the Sony, you will see where there is a + and - sign, indicating which wires are possitive and negative. These symbols are right next to the speaker jacks, so when it is plugged in, you know which is which. RCR, you can just cut the connectors off, and wire nut to existing speaker wires. Do one wire at a time so you don't cross polarities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.