AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a 400 disc DVD but the more I read here the more I feel no one makes one that anyone is satisfied with. I think I have ruled out the Sony 995 and if I get anything it will be the ES model. Thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdrummer /forum/post/0

I want a 400 disc DVD but the more I read here the more I feel no one makes one that anyone is satisfied with. I think I have ruled out the Sony 995 and if I get anything it will be the ES model. Thoughts? Thanks

I love my 777ES. Have had it for over a year now and can't imagine not having it.

I use it in conjunction with ay HTPC running Media Center and the My Movies 2 plugin, and currently have about 300 discs in it. It provides an outstanding picture and has been very reliable for me.

Now eventually, I'm going to replace it when I build my new house with a Kaliedescape system, but in the meantime, it works great for me. So simple my 3 year old knows how to run it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can you share with us what your setup is for the HTPC? I just ordered this changer and understand I can connect it using the serial port on the back of the changer to the PC. In terms of the PC, just so I understand all the video is going to be played from the computer out from the video card to my receiver? I"m curious as to your setup as I plan to build the HTPC next.

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Krause /forum/post/0

Can you share with us what your setup is for the HTPC? I just ordered this changer and understand I can connect it using the serial port on the back of the changer to the PC. In terms of the PC, just so I understand all the video is going to be played from the computer out from the video card to my receiver? I"m curious as to your setup as I plan to build the HTPC next.

Thanks,

Stephen

All the serial port allows for is control of the changer. All video out from the changer goes directly to your display.

In my setup, my video from my HTPC goes directly into my projector and the video from the changer goes into my reciever and then out to the projector. I browse my collection in my HTPC, and when I select a movie to play I switch video inputs on my projector to go from the HTPC to the DVD changer.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Krause /forum/post/0

What software do you use the catalog your entire dvd collection? I know there are many and I am very confused as to which one is really the best.

Stephen

I use DVD Profiler to catalog, then I use the MCE plugin "My Movies 2" for viewing and selecting.

The new version of My Movies though is now able to really be used as a cataloging program as well.

And setup of My Movies was a breeze, much easier than what I ran into with DVD Lobby.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I love my 777es as well. In fact I replaced it with a Pioneer Elite 79avi at one point. The picture/sound quality of the 79avi was not that much better if at all so I went back to the 777es. I don't use the disk explorer instead I have the jacket images on my remote and select them that way without ever going into the disk explorer.

It would be nice if Sony updated the 777es as I would buy one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.