AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony DVP-CX995V 400 Disc Changer and RS-232 Port I purchased three DVP-CX995V. I waited to purchase this model over the DVP CX777ES because of the HDMI and the other improvements. I was intending to purchase the Escient Fireball and connect all three to have a storage and access capacity of 1200 DVD's / CD's.

I found that Sony elected NOT to include a RS-232 port for this model and therefore there is no way to connect any sort of external controller or disc management component.


The Escient Fireball can build and store a database with title, genre, cover art and more and it will do it automatically and accurately with about 90% of the DVD's and CD's that are available commercially. The data for the other 10% of discs not recognized, can be manually added which helps update Escient's database to create an even higher percentage of available future data.


This is something Sony has not been able to accomplish even with the new improved Disc Explorer.


Unfortunately, I will be returning these three units and either purchase the DVP-CX777ES or wait until they add HDMI and improve the DVP CX777ES with Sony's next ES revision. The DVP-CX777ES currently has a RS-232 port.


It would be nice if someone came up with an RS-232 port add-on kit for the DVP-CX995V.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top