AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Sony must have just released this thing because it's coming to me tomorrow. I pre-ordered it and I'll finally have it. It has Sony's new navigation built in (the old one was horrible) and a few other fixes I will enjoy. I'll let you guys know how this one is. Not to mention HDMI output!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is an on-going discussion in the "REKLEasE DATE FOR SONY DVP-CX995V " thread

·
Registered
596 Posts
Let's keep this one going as the other thread is about where to buy them and the customer service.

the 480i over HDMI is BIG for me buying this, I'd love to use my DCDI of the projector instead of Sony's solution.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not used HDMI yet...only component and it looks the same as my other Sony 775 DVD player. I owned a single player before this one and I'm a very impatient person..and the load times are NOT a problem at all. It's loads pretty quick considering there is 400 slots to go to.

One thing that bothers the heck out of me is it autoloads EVERYTIME you close the front door. Even if you just want to browse the titles to pick out a movie, you actually have to load one first to do that. Not a real big issue, more of just a pain in the neck kind of thing.

It's pretty quiet...no noise issues at all.

I wish they had silver, but whatever...can't get what you want all the time.

If it has trouble loading a disc for some odd reason or the power goes out...all that data that took you hours to input is all gone. I'll only do it once since I have a hard copy of my library. I will never sit there and enter 2 hours worth of DVD titles. Never again. Come on Sony, throwing a small watch battery in there for backup would have cost nothing!!!!

Well, that's about it. Instead of talking about all the stores and if they have them in stock or if it's been shipped or not or where to buy one let's keep this thread some what on the 995 itself...just a though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanksdvd
Let's keep this one going as the other thread is about where to buy them and the customer service.

the 480i over HDMI is BIG for me buying this, I'd love to use my DCDI of the projector instead of Sony's solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.