AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Our Full 3-2 reverse conversion faithfully reproduces the film's frame structure within a video source"

Does this mean that you can control how big the black bars are on the Widescreen movies that don't perfectly fit your screen?

In general, what's everyone's opinions on this as a progressive scan DVD player?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Do you ever go to the pay for ticket movie theaters, if so do they have the lights on through out the movie? Take a look at my signature below I have it there for a reason, it's all about black bars and how not to see them.

If you have to fill the entire screen push fill on your HDTV or Zoom in all the way up till it fills it. Another black bars issue I have told thousands, and they keep on asking the same tired question.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks.. but what does that 3-2 reverse conversion feature do? Also, what's everyone's opinion on this product?

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vectorz
Ok, thanks.. but what does that 3-2 reverse conversion feature do? Also, what's everyone's opinion on this product?
I returned a Sony 715P in favor of a Panasonic RP-82.

3:2 pull down has to do with presenting the 24fps structure of a film. For a good read, follow this link for a detailed explanation.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...e-10-2000.html

RJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.