AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'm kinda screwed with this older DVD player. Rented "About Schmidt" last night oonly to find it wouldn't play at all since the audio is recorded in DTS. This older player does not recognize this format.

Buying a new player is the only option correct??

·
Registered
285 Posts
"Buying a new player is the only option correct?"

Yes. If you really think you need DTS. You can still play DTS CDs on it, just not movies with DTS tracks. DTS was the reason I gave up my S7000 years ago. It's a great player and if you can live without DTS and Progressive scan you really may not need to upgrade.

However, are you sure you can't go into the DVD menu and select Dolby Digital? It seems strange that there wouldn't be a DD track. The S7000 will do fine with DD.

Bob

·
Registered
548 Posts
Quote:
...It seems strange that there wouldn't be a DD track. The S7000 will do fine with DD.
My crystal ball says it has a DD track. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put the DVD in, closed the door, and the oblong circle lit up, only to have it stop about 5 seconds later. Couldn't get past this to get to a menu screen.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and need to re-set up the player? I'm sure there are alternate audio tracks on the DVD that I could use.

Former S7000 owners -- HELP!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bad disc. I've had a 7000 since almost Day 1 and have run across a few discs it just wouldn't play including most DVDR discs and this is the behavior. I have discs with dual DTS/DD tracks that play fine though the only audio is the DD tracks. One of my Harry Potter's wouldn't play Disc 1 on the 7000, but would sometimes load on my PCDVD. A second copy plays flawlessly.

I have DVD-R of Song of the South that virtually no player will touch. I've never found a Sony of any ilk that would play it, most Toshiba and Panny lock up and have to be powered off to even eject the disc, none of the newer Pioneers will play it though a couple older generation players will (DV05), 3 or 4 PCDVD's have failed to playback.

It's not possible that it is a burned copy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.