AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter what I try...I always get a C:13:00 error message flashing on the blue screen when I try to play an SVCD. According to vcdhelp webpage this DVD player should play these. Anyone have an idea what I might be able to do to get this working? My player is a late 99 or early 2000 model.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I have now successfully played both SVCD and XVCD on an International version 7700 (mine) and a U.S. version (my friends). Without details of how you created it, my guess is it's you VCD burner program--because the 7700's definitely play VCD and SVCD. FWIW, I use Nero to burn the discs and uncheck (turn-off) the CD-I compliant functions (that messed mine up).

Good luck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Also, you can try putting a false header in the SVCD mpeg file to trick your player into thinking it's a VCD. I tried this technique on a previously incompatible SVCD and now it works perfectly on my RP91K. For info on how to put a false header, go here:

http://www.geocities.com/newestmoviesencode/dvdvcd

Then, as the previous message suggested, burn the file with Nero, but turn of compliance checking.

Don't know if this will work with your Sony, but on the Panasonic, it's great. All 480 lines, no breakups, no new artifacting. Hope that helps.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.