AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Sony KDL40V4100 just before Christmas and was working fine the first two days but now on the left side of the TV there is a solid line that is lighter than the surrounding picture.


So I contacted Sony and nothing they suggested worked to fix it so I went to their Service & Repair area and I'm given two choices of either sending the unit back or getting it repaired at home.


So my question is has anyone had experience in either and/or which one should I do?


Thanks a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberGeekGamer /forum/post/15523029


I just bought a Sony KDL40V4100 just before Christmas and was working fine the first two days but now on the left side of the TV there is a solid line that is lighter than the surrounding picture.


So I contacted Sony and nothing they suggested worked to fix it so I went to their Service & Repair area and I'm given two choices of either sending the unit back or getting it repaired at home.


So my question is has anyone had experience in either and/or which one should I do?


Thanks a lot.

If the set is only a few weeks old, why not just return it to the retailer? If Sony replaces the set it will, most likely, be a reconditioned model. I'm in the process of having Sony exchange my 40Z (7 months old) for some panel defects. I know that it's a risk but once I saw the problems with my set's panel, I decided not to live with them. I'll know more in a week or so. Look for posts under my name in the XXZ4100 thead for more information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 /forum/post/15524280


If the set is only a few weeks old, why not just return it to the retailer? If Sony replaces the set it will, most likely, be a reconditioned model. I'm in the process of having Sony exchange my 40Z (7 months old) for some panel defects. I know that it's a risk but once I saw the problems with my set's panel, I decided not to live with them. I'll know more in a week or so. Look for posts under my name in the XXZ4100 thead for more information.

I went through replacing process and got the refurbished TV.


Sony makes it painless. You fax the receipt, give them your CC info, and they send you a TV. Then you put the defective TV in the same box and send back to them. Shipping label is included also.


The TV I got from them is not perfect. It was worth exchanging anyway.


If you can still return the TV to the store, I would highly recommend doing that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdLCD /forum/post/15525165


I went through replacing process and got the refurbished TV.

The TV I got from them is not perfect. It was worth exchanging anyway.

I took at look at your posts on your issues with your S3000. Like you, I didn't notice the splotch and banding on my set until it was 6 months old (while doing some gray scale tests in my case). If you don't mind my asking, what about the replacement set didn't you like, especially in comparison to your original set before it developed its problems? Naturally I'm curious and concerned since I'm already in the midst of the process.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top