AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a special effort to get home early Friday to watch the Masters in HD on DirecTV channel 198 (with a SAT HD200) on my 65 WV 600. We don't have CBS HD so this was my only chance to see any of the Masters in HD. Overall, I thought the PQ was very good, much better than the SD version. I switched back and forth several times to compare. However, I noticed several times when they would show a wide shot of the golf course and the trees and flowers, with a lot of colors that the picture seemed to flicker. I didn't notice it on the close up shots of golfers or on a green, but only on those wide, landscape shots with lots of color. Is this a sign of the dreaded Sony flicker or was it just a problem with the broadcast? Did anyone else notice this?

Also, what settings do you recommend for watching live HD sports? I used "Standard" Pic Mode but also noticed that the edges of the sand traps where the white sand met the grass, and the edges of other bright white objects seemed to be jagged in some spots and seemed to have shadows in others.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.