AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - after much research I have locked in on the Sony 46". People seem to be very happy with this model and it has the DVI/HDCP protection that I feel is very important. My question is that I have read about flicker problems with Sony's but haven't seen them linked with the 46". Is the 46" officially flicker free? I am considering a slightly bigger screen but is that where the flicker problems start?

Anyone have any advice for me on the Sony models? Should I give up the extra screen size and stick with the 46" tv? Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
All Sonys in the KP series made in and after Jan. 2003 have the upgrade tubes and the 3 new resistors and are flicker free. Up until Sony nailed down the cause many people in the early stages were getting the run a round with service techs, parts were changed chasing the problem. Sets were returned to the owners not repaired etc.

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man -

I assume all of the 2003 Sony's also have DVI/HDCP? On the Sony website it has this weird disclaimer that sets may not be compatable with future HDTV technology - I thought that is what HDCP is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.