AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a TV around 40-42". I am looking for a commercial model, as the thin bezel will make framing the set easier. I have stumbled across these two models. I've seen the Samsung 400P many times as they seem to have pretty widespread use in businesses and airports. I have not seen the Sony but was wondering if anyone has. I like the picture on the Sony consumer LCDs and was wondering if I can expect the same from this model. Also, I am trying to decide between plasma and LCD. Here is the other comparison that I'm trying to get responses from. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Old junk imo, that sony plasma is pretty old, the XBR2s would kill it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, the Sony is not a plasma, it's a professional LCD and actually it's brandnew.

I have its pre-predecessor, the FWD42LX1, build like a tank (and black!)

The de-interlacing engine (WEGA) is excellent, only 1366x768 600:1 16ms though.

This new one has 1300:1 8ms , but again only 1366x768.

I cannot understand why this series hasn't been a hit in the HTPC community, given the multitude of connections and versatility. It's the LCD version of the (once) very popular Panasonic pro plasma's.

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...sp=46&id=86150

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From my viewing distance of 10 ft, I cannot see the benefit of 1080p. The size is about right since it will be framed and mounted behind a bar. I was just wondering if the PQ is similar to that of the XBR1 which is sufficient for this application. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.