AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needs work (code 88) selling as is. Was going to be my parts projector. I'll post pics later.

$775.00 plus shipping Firm.

Paitience guys pics coming today of tubes.....

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi clarkth,

Please search the CRT forums for the possible answer. I was planning on sending the boards in for repair by the master Curt Palme.

BTW, I might pull this add and reserve the right to keep it as my backup parts PJ.

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kal,

Thank you for the post!

My understanding is that it is control board related as well. What I don't want to do is tell a potential buyer that it is control board related and end up being incorrect and have them try and come down on me if it turns out to be something else. My plan was/is to send those boards in for service/repair. I would be extremely suprised if that did not solve the problem. The reason I don't send them in at the moment is because I've recently purchased a working G-70 and a 9500LC. I have no need spend any money to repair the boards right now, do not have the proper tools/knowledge to repair them myself, and I am unwilling to swap boards out of my working G-70, for the moment.......

Whoever buys this is going to have to repair it on their own. G-70's have a reputation as being one of the more reliable sets produced.

Brian,

Thank you for the PM :) I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Will the tubes give proper color balance and greyscale as is? Probably not, but will they work until a guy can retube? More than likely. You can assume that if they were minty tubes I would not be asking what I am asking ;) I don't rate tubes and will let you judge their condition when I post the pics.

The set is complete. I'll get some pics out today. I've been working everyday this week and just need extra time to remove the lenses again and take pics. Had I known that I was going to sell it, I would have taken the pictures and saved them. :(

For those who are interested, I have over the past year or so I have come across quite a few projectors and have arrived at the point of contentment with my 9500LC Ultra and the G-70. My search is over unless I come across a G-90 but for all practical purposes I'm done buying projectors and selling what extras that I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.