AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how to set my Sony G70 up to accept component video input?

I just purchased a Panasonic RP82 DVD player and would like to utilize the Farounda DCDI progressive outputof this player for video based materials.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Gatherer originally posted this in a thread titled "progressive DVD on Sony D50" The following is from my hardcopy.

1 5bnc off

2 input A

3. HDTV-YPbPr

4. sysn Ext(hv)

5 projector needs to start BEFORE the DVD player

This works for G90, G70, and D50

Bruce

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

One more thing - I will use interlaced signals through my Quadcan for film based materials because I want to run these at 720p or 960p.

Will I have to change input settings every time I switch between interlaced RGB and progressive component? What's the best way to set this configuration?

Thanks again

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
If you only have ONE input on your G70, you would have to swap wires each time. To keep it simple, maybe you can get an IFB-11 card and replace the IFB-40 with it. That way you can feed the component to input A and the RGBVH to input B.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Techman,

I already have a B input.

Is there any way to set the G70 up so that it can recognize the input and automatically switch to the correct input and settings, or will I have to reconfigure the input settings each time I go from RGB to component.

Many thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
You should be able to just switch using the "A" or "B" select. As for actual memory setups and copying, that is dependent on your firmware version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.