AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted a 32" Sony Wega TV for a long time now. So I finally got one. If I bypass the Replay 2020 and just use DirecTV the picture is fantastic. But once I hook up the Replay, forget it. The picture quality on that Sony sucks. I have become so used to the Replay though that there was no way I was going to put it in the closet. I hate to watch any type of ads and the Replay is perfect for me. So the Sony went back. I hooked up my old 27" TV and to me the pic is acceptable with the Replay. It's too bad cuz I really liked the Sony.

Bob

·
Registered
213 Posts
What is your default record quality set to?

Specifically, when you had bad DirectTV, was your record quality at the highest level? I have noticed ugly quality pictures when my default record quality wasn't set to the highest quality.

Also, what quality of cables were you using? Were you using the SAME cables for the Replay as without? I recently used the new (cheap) set that comes with the ReplayTV (4320) and had a HORRIBLE picture. I picked up a set of Monster cables and voila! Great picture! This is the FIRST time in my life where I clearly saw that Monster cables had value.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 925
What is your default record quality set to?

This is the FIRST time in my life where I clearly saw that Monster cables had value.
This is good information. I had never noticed a difference with Monster either (using my older television sets). I will have to try Monster again!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a 32" wega with Dish (301) feeding a RTV3060, and the PQ is awesome.

Most of my recordings are set at medium.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quality was set to high. I am using the cables that came with the Replay. I think the problem actually lies with the way the Replay unit compresses the signal. But I have come to love the Replay too much.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.