AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or did the MSRP suddenly drop on these sets?

Sony Style now lists the MSRP of the KDF-55WF655 at $3299.

Does anyone know if this is just a special sale price?

Wow. I think that's what the old 50" used to MSRP at.

Might be time for me get a new TV.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yea, was mentioned in the Sony thread, seemed across the board Sony lowered prices.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bad news at Sony web site. Prices are back up to where they were last week. XS 55, XS 60 at $3999 and $4399. Same price increases for WF and WE. What the hell? Was it just a brief sale? Hope this is a mistake.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Circuit City had the KDF-55WF655 for 2659.99 but now it says 2940.29. They also had the old GWIII 50 inch for 2210.99 but I guess they sold out because its no longer on the web site. They have some crazy prices right now.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Ah, so it was a Sony sale? Wow, that blows. Oh well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crap.

Sony's sight does indeed have it back up to $3599.

That was an awfully short sale.

I guess I should have grabbed one while it was down.

I know it can be had for less elsewhere, I was just hoping it

was an official price drop...

FYI Crutchfield still lists the "sale" price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woo-hoo! I got BB to price match CC's price from this morning on my 42 ....SWEET. I'm thrilled. What a deal. If anybody needs the CC ad from this morning on the website, I might be able to scan it (I don't know if thats against the rules though...moderators?)

sj

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanx Guyz,

Just raced up to HH Gregg to get my 383.25 credit. And that was on a purchase that was 10% off the original MSRP for my 55WF655. This site is the best.:) Oh, all this before the set gets delivered today between 4P-7P. Manager of the store definitely doesn't want to see me again.:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
And I STILL wait for my 60WF to show up. These posts are driving me crazy. Don't understand the reason for the delay on these. Who would've thought you could get the 60XS sooner and almost cheaper? Well, for about the same price I'm paying for my WF anyway. Dam... Dam,Dam!

You guys might be enjoying your sets 2 weeks sooner, but mine will always be 2 weeks newer!:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I just finished talking to someone at Sony sales. He said that the $300 price drop on all the Sony models was NOT a permanent MSRP drop. It was just a promotion which they do from time to time. I thought this 'price drop' seemed to good to be true. Assuming the guy doesn't have his head up his a$$, the BB deal going on through Saturday is starting to look real good. Hoping the Sony guy is wrong as I am more interested in the 55", I guess the coming weeks will tell for sure. With all the speculation and misinformation floating around, it's hard to know what to believe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I jumped on the BB price and purchased the 60XS955 and also got the extended warrarnty for $250. They had not updated their pricing cards and the manager agreed to the $250 vs $399. The only draw back is they ran out of the 60XS955 and I have to wait 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this will work or not ... gonna try it after work today. CC has the Sony 42" WE655 on website for $2300, with a $200 gift card (online only ... 2-day deal for the card expires 11:59 tonight). That brings it down to $2100. I understand the local b&m CC will match their own online prices, so I am going to take the $2100 price to Sears for a price match. Their price is $2500. So with their 10% of the difference included, the final total should be $2060. If they bite on that price, will say ok and then hit them with their 10% off if you use their credit card (through 10/27 ... and I checked, no mention of this unit on the exclude list). So that should bring it down to $1854 before tax. I am hoping it will work.

Denis

(Mods, not sure if I am breaking any rules on posting of prices since all of this pricing can be found on their respective websites. Please edit as appropriate and my apologies in advance if I made a mistake. Thanks.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

I just bought my 60Xs955 from Sears but their warranty is 399 for only 3 yrs .. where as BB has it for 399 for 4yrs. Haven't taken the delivery yet, so just thinking if I need to change and buy from BB instaed.

Sears said Bulb is included.

Also on another note - anyone knows if Sears/BB has restocking fee for these Tvs??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.