AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've set up a web page to demonstrate a video problem I've had with my unit since switching to the new P4 access card.

I've been working with Sony and Directv regarding this, but I need to know how many others are seeing the same problems.

The web page is:

http://home.attbi.com/~jjd59/Sony/

You may have a problem with the video clips if you don't have a mpeg codec, there is a link on the page of where to find a decoder. You may also need to right-click save the mpg files locally to view them. I can't get IE to open with anything other than quicktime, and QT doesn't have a mpg codec that will play these.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a followup, it would help to know even if you've never seen the problem.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an HD-100, and I'm using the new P4 access card, and I have none of these problems. I noticed no change at all in the reception/decoding of the signal.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. It's a small sample to say the least.

I hope I'm alone, but I doubt it. This is the second P4 card they've sent me. I was happy with the football card, no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I am using the P4 card and have not had that problem on my HD-100. Perhaps you are either getting a small amount of signal loss or maybe there was something that went wrong with your decoder unrelated to but at the same time as the card swap?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My HD-100 started to do this about 1-2 months ago, and it still has the H2 card. I saw it happen twice during the 2nd half of the Wolves/Laker game. I don't think I've seen it on HD content.

Like your samples show, sometimes the whole screen pixelizes and other times just moving objects on a static background do. I see no new patches downloaded.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Patches do just come down the stream.... that's it.

My first HD100 is also one of the first 3/01. This one has a date of 7/01, sony swapped it attempting to "fix" the fan noise.

SwedeMN, have you called Directv about this?

Last time I called sometime in january, the second level tech I talked was very curious as to how many HD-100 owners actually HAVE the P4 cards. She was going to try and find the answer, but said it might not be easy to get that answer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How do you get rid of the fan noise? Another question, how do you open this unit up? I would like to switch the fans myself.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
Patches do just come down the stream.... that's it.

My first HD100 is also one of the first 3/01. This one has a date of 7/01, sony swapped it attempting to "fix" the fan noise.

SwedeMN, have you called Directv about this?

Last time I called sometime in january, the second level tech I talked was very curious as to how many HD-100 owners actually HAVE the P4 cards. She was going to try and find the answer, but said it might not be easy to get that answer.
Im wondering if anyone has had the problem that I have been having. When watching an HD channel and switching to a non-HD station or hitting any button that will request the unit switch to standard def, the screen goes gray then the box powers down. I also get some glitching, not a lot but a lot more that I'm comfortable with.

Who should I contact at Sony to talk to someone about this? It's too much $ to just let it go and then have the thing blow up on me and have to buy another.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
You "fix" the fan noise by simply removing it! Search the forum for posts made by me over a year ago. I've been running fanless 24/7 forever...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue and have an HD100 with a HU card. Have experienced this since October when they added local channels. Thought there was a problem with my multiswitch but I am glad to see I am not the only one experiencing this problem. I have called D* but they provided no other assistance other than to have me reset the box.

Would appreciate any additioanl information.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just called (acutally on the phone right now) about this again.

It seems in the last 3 months the problem has become much worse, seeing the same problem twice as much.

I was told by a supevisor that there is a *new* card that just started going out to customers June 5th.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.