AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum about the HD100 and its problems. I've had mine now for about 3 weeks. I have not experienced the dropouts and have very rarely seen the lip syncing problem. My main concern, is that I cannot lock on to non-satelite channels. If I do a search for OTA channels, I'll get 2 or 3 one minute and then if I search again, I'll get a different 2 channels mapped to different channels on the receiver. Is it possible to lock the existing channels in place and then "add" channels without clearing what's already there?

Even when you use the menu to "add" channels, it clears out the existing line up. Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried calling Sony and they said that they are currently working on a patch and that he couldnt tell me what was to be fixed or when it was to be released.

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Konn42

What antenna are you using and what is your signal strength on the OTA channels? I have not had the problem you mention as long as the station is broadcasting and I have good signal strength. The scan only adds DTV stations and if the signal is weak or their PSIP is not running, then different scans will sometimes give you their DTV station number and other times give you the remaped station number.

Most of the lip sync problems I have had were on OTA stations, but with some changes from the broadcasters end, it is better here now.

Warren

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yes, it's possible to ADD stations without clearing your previous scan. And, it's done from the same popup window. Use the Add button. I'm sorry if I'm vague...I'm at work at the moment, but wanted you to know it IS possible. Art

·
Registered
66 Posts
Art,

I have never been able to manually add digital stations without doing a scan. All of the analog stations show up and you can mark them with an X or not to add or delete, but the only DTV stations that show in my menu are the ones from the DTV add/skip auto scan. I have tried adding the station like the DTC100 where you go type in 11.2 and go to the station, but my Sony will not add it to the list without a scan. It is possible I missed something, so if you get it to work, let me know as this would be a nice feature.

On another note, does you HD100 get the station ID's or just show DIGT in the upper right corner? Mine does not display any of these, although my RCA and Panny do. I am also getting no programming info, although I know WFAA has it on the evening shows.

Thanks

Warren

·
Registered
739 Posts
Art,

The HD100 will also change (remap) if the station changes it. Like KING DT (was 5.3 last week) is now 48.1 after I ran an "add" scan.

Bill

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using a Terk 50 antenna and I'm getting signal strength on 3 out of the 4 channels above 75. However at any one time I can only get 2 channels. I'd be happy with the just getting the 3 channels since I can live without NBC. Everytime I go to "add" channels it clears out what was in there and replaces it with a new lineup.

I dont get any program information but I do get the DIGT under the channel number.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
From what I understand, the remapping is a function of the PSIP information the STB receives from the station. I don't think the stations are always sending this data. When they do, you get the remapped data, when they don't, you don't. It could be a matter of timing

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dmbatch:
I don't think the stations are always sending this data. When they do, you get the remapped data, when they don't, you don't.
This is usually not the case. The PSIP should always be present and my experience with a DCT-100 and the NYC stations indicates that it is so. When I had the Sony I also had remapping problems with these NYC stations.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Babula:
Art,

The HD100 will also change (remap) if the station changes it. Like KING DT (was 5.3 last week) is now 48.1 after I ran an "add" scan.

Bill

My HD100 changes between back to back scans with the "Add stations" function. KTTV Fox remaps to 11.1, but on one scan it may be there, on the next its on 65.1 then scan again and it moves back to 11.1. I do notice that on the scans where it moves a channel back to it's actual channel, it briefly says "INV4" instead of DIGT in the mapped location, then it disappears. This happens with 3 of my locals, but the CBS and NBC stations never move.

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.