AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did a search and read about 50 posts, still need some questions answered. I want to know if the latest batch of HD 100's has solved all of the problems I have read about on the early models. Is the fan still noisy or was that problem addressed? Are the current patches everyone recieved part of the factory software included in teh new units or will I need to contact Directv to indicate my hardware for upgrade? Any other problems I should know about? Please help, I don't want to throw away a grand on a P.O.S. Thanks

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ericbee:
I don't want to throw away a grand on a P.O.S. Thanks
If my experience is anything to go by, you'd be doing that. I'm very unimpressed by the HD100, hoping for a lot better from Sony which I thought was good quality merchandise. And I still get dropouts after the patches but this is probably a reception thing. The only likely improvement you'd see would be that the fan was quieter. Any patches can be downloaded over DirecTV automatically (presumably you aren't getting this expensive unit just for OTA?)

Frankly, unless you can get a used one under $500, I wouldn't touch it since the connectivity will be upgraded imminently.

------------------

"You can't argue with a confident man"

- Napoleon Wilson, Assault on Precinct 13

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I just purchased the HD100. It was manufactured on 6/01. I have had no problems with the receiver. All the problems listed in other post were not noticeable at all.

It was not slow. Faster that the DST-3000 and the Sony A-55/B-55 that I have.

Fan noise is so low that you have to be within 5 feet of the ting with a completely quite room to even hear it.

There is no signal dropout like on the DST-3000. No audio problems whatsoever.

I know there have been a lot of complaints about the earlier models, but I think Sony has done a good job at fixing them.

If you like Sony and can get a newer model, I would highly recommend it.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.