AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two HD-100's that reboot after a few hours of inactivity when any remote command is given- any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have been experiencing occasional reboots with my HD100. Although I'm not sure how to correct the issue, I can share some details.

My HD100 is connected to a Sony Tivo SVR-2000 by way of the serial interface (low-speed data port). As such, I leave the HD100 on all the time, so Tivo can record whatever and whenever it wants. The reboots I'm seeing are also preceded by use of the remote control. However, I use the Tivo remote which then forwards my command via the serial port. Therefore, it would seem that this issue is independent of the remote interface (IR versus serial) and is instead caused by something in the internal processing.

Furthermore, the possibility of IR as a causal factor can be safely eliminated from consideration, as I have seen reboots occur when the SVR-2000 initiates a channel change to record a program unattended.

In my experience thus far, there appears to be no consistency to the frequency of the reboots, nor is there any reliable method to reproduce them intentionally. As I recall, the shortest period of non-interactivity between a reboot and the preceding successful command was four hours.

My HD100 is running ROM Rev 9.53 with the all-important three patches. Given that my box is apparently up to date on fixes, I'm surprised not to have seen more forum posts on this subject.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My HD100 crashes and needs to be unplugged and rebooted at least once per day, although thats not the same as a spontaneous reboot. It usually crashes while using channel up/down between a digital OTA station and an analog station.

Also, if I leave it switched to one of the DirecTV music channels, after a couple of hours I get an "Insert valid access card" message and need to remove and reinsert the card. Never a problem on the regular channels.

I have had a couple of spontaneous reboots, and in one case it put such bad sync out of the component jacks in the process that my TV powered itself off in self-defence.

This is the flakiest piece of equipment I own, I keep it only for the picture quality and 1080i/480i variable mode.

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.