AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the long posts on the 165, etc., but still could not resolve the following issue:

I was going to subscribe to Direct tv and buy the Sony 200 to go along with my recent purchase of the 50xbr800 (dvi input). Now I may skip/postpone direct tv and get HD solely from OTA and subscribe to local cable. Here are the problems. The Samsung receivers seem to be more available--I will have to wait sometime to get the Sony Also, the Sony will not support a programming guide if you do not have a subcription to direct tv, while it looks like the Samsung TS160 will. Of course, the 165 is dedicated for OTA (no sat. support) but has the firewire for recording options. However, I may switch to sat. in the future and would like to get a HDTV receiver that maintains the option. So which to buy, the Sony and not get an integrated guide, or the Samsung which I assume has the guide? Any ideas? What are the pros and cons for these 3 receivers?

Also, where does one buy the 165 locally if I decide to go that route (locally as in CC, BestBuy, etc.--I don't see the 165 at those sources) Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.